Lets see if today we actually get some racing! After all the build-up, the first two days of the event being windless with all the matches cancelled has left me with a sense of anti-climax!
So, on to my predictions (in bold) for the day:
- China Team – Team Shosholoza
- Emirates Team New Zealand – DesafÃo EspaÃ±ol 2007
- Victory Challenge – United Internet Team Germany
- Luna Rossa Challenge – BMW ORACLE Racing
- +39 Challenge – Mascalzone Latino – Capitalia Team
- China Team – DesafÃo EspaÃ±ol 2007
- Team Shosholoza – Emirates Team New Zealand
- Areva Challenge – Luna Rossa Challenge
- United Internet Team Germany – Mascalzone Latino – Capitalia Team
- +39 Challenge – Victory Challenge
Today there are some interesting pairings, with my pick being Emirates vs DesafÃo, and Luna Rossa vs BMW Oracle. This is quite a start for the four teams I expect to make the semi-finals. I won’t be too unhappy to see the local boys get a win against the Kiwis, whilst for the Italians and Ellison’s team alike, a good start and a win against direct rivals gets their campaign off on the right foot and will settle a lot of nerves.