Today the semi-finals kick off with the first matches between the top four teams from the round robins. The final standings saw Emirates Team New Zealand step into the top spot having trailed BMW ORACLE Racing and Luna Rossa Challenge in third for most of the competition. However wins against both and Victory Challenge in the last three flights ensured them top spot.
The final standings then:
- Emirates Team New Zealand
- BMW Oracle Racing
- Luna Rossa Challenge
- DesafÃo EspaÃ±ol 2007
With one thing and anothe, I didn’t get to post my predictions for the last three rounds. Its all a little academic now, but for the record here they are. There was no cheating here honest! I had done the predictions prior to seeing the results. Anyway, who’s reading this rubbish!?
- +39 ChallengeÂ Â Â -Â Â Â Team Shosholoza
- China TeamÂ Â Â -Â Â Â Areva Challenge
- Mascalzone Latino – Capitalia TeamÂ Â Â -Â Â Â BMW ORACLE Racing
- Victory ChallengeÂ Â Â -Â Â Â DesafÃo EspaÃ±ol 2007
- Luna Rossa ChallengeÂ Â Â -Â Â Â Emirates Team New Zealand
- China TeamÂ Â Â -Â Â Â +39 Challenge
- United Internet Team GermanyÂ Â Â -Â Â Â Areva Challenge
- Mascalzone Latino – Capitalia TeamÂ Â Â -Â Â Â Luna Rossa Challenge
- Victory ChallengeÂ Â Â -Â Â Â Emirates Team New Zealand
- DesafÃo EspaÃ±ol 2007Â Â Â -Â Â Â BMW ORACLE Racing
- Victory ChallengeÂ Â Â -Â Â Â Mascalzone Latino – Capitalia Team
- DesafÃo EspaÃ±ol 2007Â Â Â -Â Â Â Luna Rossa Challenge
- BMW ORACLE RacingÂ Â Â -Â Â Â Emirates Team New Zealand
- United Internet Team GermanyÂ Â Â -Â Â Â +39 Challenge
- Areva ChallengeÂ Â Â -Â Â Â Team Shosholoza
Here are my stats for both rounds and overall:
- Round Robin 1: 76.36% (42/55 matches)
- Round Robin 2: 85.45% (47/55 matches)
- Overall: 83.64% (89/110 matches)
I’d have taken that at the start, particularly with having picked not only the top four, but the correct order!
One more interesting stat is the teams I managed to pick their results (win or lose) 100%:
- Round Robin 1: China Team
- Round Robin 2: Luna Rossa Challenge and United Internet Team Germany
To be honest, China Team wasn’t a surprise, and their moment of glory came with their big win against BMW ORACLE Racing, spoiling my record a little, as that would have seen two more names on the list for the second round!