Part of my excuse for being so far behind uploading to my Flickr-stream is that F-Spot, the program I’m using on Ubuntu to manages my photo collection, had been failing to upload.
Basically it was never completing the upload, no time-out, no error, nothing.
A LOT of digging around out there via google eventually landed me on a bug report which mentioned changing the MTU settings in the network config. I found this well explained in a post taking you through making the changes.
For the record, I changed my MTU settings to 1450 via the network connections gui, and hey presto, uploading to Flickr is working again!
So one less excuse at least….!
Photo credit: Cell105 – What keeps us connected…