Its been a long time, but finally this week, I managed to sort out my internet access.
Between three Telefonica engineers who finally turned up, a dodgy installation and Simon being a clown, I was able to connect once again.
Here in Spain we suffer from the old BT problem of a monopoly situation, it is only Telefonica who can get you a phone line at home. It takes them 48hrs max to sign up and install a line for a new customer, but a simple transfer to a new address in the same village takes them 3 months! Anyway, in the end they ran out of excuses and the engineers turned up to get things done, and I ended up with a phone line and ADSL.
Which I went and broke.
I stuffed this all back in the wall and put the lid on, thinking all was hunky dory. Only to try connecting 2 days later and nothing would work. 3 hours of testing led me back to the box only to find two of the cables hanging out!
Anyway, on to more interesting things, seems like ages ago already, but on the 6th of December 2005, we became parents……!! More tomorrow.
So where are we with the house….?
Its been ages since I added anything here, so just a quick update. The good news is we have the finish line in site. The bad, its taking us ages to reach it!
But we are hoping to get in there very soon. They are finishing of the final bits and pieces, we have given them a list of all the details that need sorting.
In the meantime I along with a merry band of
fools friends have been busy in the garden. We have managed to all but finish moving seven lorry-loads of top soil, which took some doing! I have a few odd pics, but its a shame I didn’t get any ‘before’ photos, no-one will believe us now! 🙁 The grass seed has been put down, and is enjoying perfect conditions, so is coming along nicely.
As soon as I get some more time, hopefully at the weekend, I’ll get some more photos up of the garden, and once we have the interior cleaned and tidied up, some of that too.
Things have been pretty much stopped for the last month. We have had the first real hassle of the project, with some difficulties with prices of tiles. I won’t go into details, lets hope we can see some good progress again soon. In the meantime the plaster has been drying out nicely, despite some awful weather. We have also been out choosing flooring and doors, along with the the colour of the external rendering last week…
The plastering was completed during the last three weeks, and the difference is amazing. Having been away from the house for a couple of weeks during the Christmas holiday the change was dramatic. The house now feels incredibly real and almost finished! We have also been busy choosing bathroom tiles so that the decorating of the bathrooms can be started.